[mapserver-users] Attribution for WCS

Jonathan Moules jonathan-lists at lightpear.com
Fri Jun 15 15:43:36 PDT 2018

Hi Jean-Christophe,

I can't comment in relation to MapServer, but I don't think there's an
"Attribution" field in the WCS spec.

WMS 1.3.0 does have it defined, and I guess this is what MapServer is
populating from wms_attribution_title and its ilk:

"7.2.4.6.12 Attribution
The optional <Attribution> element provides a way to identify the source
of the geographic information used in a
Layer or collection of Layers. Attribution encloses several optional
elements: <OnlineResource> states the data
provider’s URL; <Title> is a human-readable string naming the data
provider; <LogoURL> is the URL of a logo
image. Client applications may choose to display one or more of these
items. A <Format> element in LogoURL
indicates the MIME type of the logo image, and the attributes width and
height state the size of the image in
pixels.
The Attribution element is inherited by child layers. Any redefinition
by a child replaces the inherited value."

I can't see any equivalent for WCS. The closest thing I can find would
be just putting it down as a general ServiceMetadata extension piece of
information.
Cheers,
Jonathan