[mapserver-users] Status of MVT vector tiles?

Miha Požauko mihapozauko at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 01:09:03 PDT 2018

I found that pull request before thanks, will play around with it some
more. When you say it relies on WMS requests does that mean it generates
raster tiles or vector tiles in PBD file format? I don't have mine mapcache
example working yet so i don't know what to expect.

About canceled requests i found related "issue" discussed on leaflet forum:
https://github.com/Leaflet/Leaflet.VectorGrid/issues/136
But i don't see a problem with that because all entities are loaded on my
map.

I will have to find that secret souce yes, will try to optimize my map file
for different scales. Pregenerated vector tiles would also help.

Thanks for your answers. Will track your github for further updates.

Miha

V V pon., 25. jun. 2018 ob 23:57 je oseba Lime, Steve D (MNIT) <
steve.lime at state.mn.us> napisala:

> Will do. I have a working MapCache example on my dev box that I can share
> pieces from. First step is to get MapCache working with the pull-request I
> submitted some time ago. It relies on WMS requests to MapServer for the MVT
> tiles. Pull request is at:
>
>   https://github.com/mapserver/mapcache/pull/166
>
> Regarding the canceled requests:
>
>  I'm not sure what up with those.  However, I don't believe those are a
> server issue, rather a client-based. You can see the same behavior on other
> sites using vector tiles from other services (
> https://openmaptiles.com/downloads/dataset/osm/#0.23/0/-26) in Chrome
> DevTools. Could be related to pre-fetching resources.
>
> Regarding a unresponsive browser:
>
> There's likely a secret sauce in terms of the matching min/max scales you
> should offer a layer at, whether you should manage multiple resolutions of
> your data on the server and other filtering. The demo is very naïve in that
> regard so you can end up with big tiles. At this point it's not something I
> can offer a ton of help with - I don’t have a production MVT application
> yet.
>
> Steve

Lp,
Miha