[mapserver-users] WCS 2.0 request without interpolation

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Tue Nov 13 06:07:33 PST 2018

Hi,

There are lots of good reading in the WCS section of OGC standards http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/wcs. Subsetting that is used for BBOX-alike queries is explained in the core. There are also WCS 2.0 KVP examples in https://www.mapserver.org/ogc/wcs_server.html

Clip in native CRS and without interpolation (effectively the same as nearest because every pixel match) is the main use case for WCS 2.0 core service. You can test with this and get a subset of a DEM coverage

https://beta-karttakuva.maanmittauslaitos.fi/wcs/service/ows?service=WCS&version=2.0.1&request=GetCoverage&CoverageID=korkeusmalli_2m&SUBSET=E(496000,500000)&SUBSET=N(7181000,7185000)&format=image/tiff
Save the response on disk and compare what gdalinfo shows about the image with how the coverage is defined in DescribeCoverage

-Jukka Rahkonen-