[mapserver-users] Mapserver limit watermark

Sebastiano Laini Sebastiano.Laini at BuchananComputing.co.uk
Mon Nov 26 02:14:55 PST 2018

Hi all,

Since I rewritten the code and switch from OpenLayers 2 to OpenLayers 4 I also implemented a smaller raster tile request instead of the bigger one that they were using before, now the problem is that some clients use watermark and the map is full of watermarks as is present on each tile.

Is there a way to limit the number of watermark presents in the map?

This my watermark layer on the .MAP file

LAYER
    NAME "credits"
               GROUP "g"
   STATUS DEFAULT
    TRANSFORM cc
    TRANSPARENCY 30
    TYPE POINT
    FEATURE
        POINTS
            -0 -20
        END
    END
    CLASS
               NAME 'oslabel'
               STYLE
                   SYMBOL "copyright"
                   COLOR 0 0 0
                   OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
                 END
    END
END

And here my copyright.sym

SYMBOLSET
  SYMBOL
    NAME "copyright"
    TYPE PIXMAP
    IMAGE "watermark.gif"
    TRANSPARENT 8
  END
END

Here a link where you can see the result:

https://www.traffwebdemo.co.uk/parking/basic.html

Regards,

Sebastiano Laini
Web Developer