[mapserver-users] A couple of mapcache questions

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) steve.lime at state.mn.us
Wed Oct 10 08:37:13 PDT 2018

Not sure if others replied off-list or not. It's hard to advise on issue 1 since the mapfile and layer definition you sent in the subsequent email was incomplete. Knowing what styles you're using and any min/max scale values would help.

For issue 2 this is what I do for transparent tiles - I think you can just do one or the other but it doesn't hurt to do both:

  - set "<transparent>true</transparent>" in the WMS source definition params section.
  - set "TRANSPARENT TRUE" in the mapfile (at the map level). You might need to set an IMAGECOLOR too depending on what you're drawing.

In this example:

  http://maps1.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefinder/map.html

I only did the latter...

--Steve