[mapserver-users] Strange performance problem in mapserver

ahlah ahti.lahtela at pp.inet.fi
Tue Sep 4 05:50:32 PDT 2018

I try to show a polygon on map by creating a buffer around point in Postgis
(by ST_Buffer) but Mapserver has a strange performance problem.
If I put hardcoded radius to ST_Buffer query, rendering takes about 10
seconds although query result is empty. If I set the same value to radius by
reading it from another db table, rendering takes only 300ms. Attached logs
clarifies the sequences:  map_slow.log
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t202655/map_slow.log>  ,
map_fast.log <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t202655/map_fast.log>
Problem is not in Postgis because both queries takes about 200ms if I run
them on pgAdmin.
Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug or feature in MapServer? I have
tested it in MapServer 5 and MapServer 7 and result is same.

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Mapserver-User-f4226646.html