[mapserver-users] Mapserver no longer reading pgpass file?

Thomas Horner haevitetty at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 11:09:18 PDT 2019

Hi List,

My MapServer mapfiles have been set up to read a Postgres connection with

`PG:host=... post=... dbname=...` etc for some time now.

I upgraded the packages on my linux box and the mapfiles no longer work
(error when connecting to postgres). However, running gdalinfo "PG:host...
..." using the exact same connection string works fine.

I realized that it's an authentication issue as the mapfiles work fine
again when I add password=... to the connection string.

I have a pgpass file in the cgi-bin, and one in my home directory which is
referenced with the PGPASS environment variable. Why would mapserver
suddenly not provide the correct password or consume the pgpass file
anymore? Does it need to be somewhere else? Why does it work fine with
gdalinfo without the password?

Thanks,
Thomas