[mapserver-users] Basemaps style

Lars Schylberg lars.schylberg at blixtmail.se
Sun Dec 15 04:22:31 PST 2019

Hi

I guess there are several ways to do this.What comes to my mind is to
specify all background colors with an alpha component.

So, if create a new style based on bing for instance with 50 %
transparency on all background polygon colors.   Add 'land_clr':
'"#E8E6E180"' instead of 'land_clr': '"#E8E6E1"' where the “80” is 50 %
transparency in hex.  Then that color should be part of your new style.

Then you must have an OUTPUTFORMAT that is rendering with alpha
transparency (RGBA)

I haven’t tried this, but it should work.

Have fun / Lars Schylberg