[mapserver-users] Does Mapserver WCS 2.0.1 support time as a dimension?

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Mon Jan 14 07:35:21 PST 2019

Hi Even,

That's a pity. Geoserver supports time also without extensions by using an envelope with time period

gml:EnvelopeWithTimePeriod srsName="http://www.opengis.net/def/crs/EPSG/0/3067" axisLabels="E N time" uomLabels="m m s" srsDimension="2">

https://beta-karttakuva.maanmittauslaitos.fi/wcs/service/ows?service=WCS&version=2.0.1&request=DescribeCoverage&coverageID=ortokuva__ortokuva

I do not know if it is a right thing to do or if custom CRS as by Rasdaman is better

<Envelope axisLabels="Lat Long ansi elev" srsDimension="4" srsName="http://ows.rasdaman.org/def/crs-compound?1=http://ows.rasdaman.org/def/crs/EPSG/0/4326&2=http://ows.rasdaman.org/def/crs/OGC/0/AnsiDate&3=http://ows.rasdaman.org/def/crs/OGC/0/Index1D?axis-label="elev"" uomLabels="degree degree d GridSpacing">

http://ows.rasdaman.org/rasdaman/ows?&SERVICE=WCS&VERSION=2.0.1&REQUEST=DescribeCoverage&COVERAGEID=Temperature4D

Anyway, it would be really nice to be able to make WCS 2.0.1 GetCoverage requests with time subsets someday.  Potential developers may feel free to contact me.

-Jukka Rahkonen-