[mapserver-users] Trouble when serving mapcache WMTS to ArcMap clients - custom county projection for Minnesota?

Mark Volz MarkVolz at co.lyon.mn.us
Wed Jul 10 11:43:05 PDT 2019

Hello,

I am having trouble serving a Mapserver / Mapcache WMTS service to ArcMAP clients when using my counties projection which is 103749 for Lyon County, MN.  At most tile zoom levels the air photo are further South than where they should otherwise be located.  The only exception is that around 1:6000 the image lines up perfectly.  When I connect ArcMAP to the Mapcache Service using WMS the service works fine however ArcGIS wants to consume the service in WGS_84 instead of county projections.

Is there anything I need to do so that my WMTS service works better between MapServer(Mapcache), ArcGIS, and possibly QGIS?

Reference:
http://geomoose.lyonco.org/mapcache/wmts/1.0.0/WMTSCapabilities.xml

Thank You!
Sincerely,