[mapserver-users] Mapcache - Is it possible to have two tilesets share a single cache at particular zoom levels?

Steve Lime sdlime at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 08:31:19 PDT 2019

That seems more like a client configuration issue to me. That is, you'd
have the two caches (air photos and political) but then configure the
client to swap at different zoom levels. For example, with Leaflet you
could simply set maxZoom/minZoom map attributes. Here's an example that
uses a map (1 tileset) at small scales and then transitions to aerial
photos w/overlays (2 tilesets) as the user zooms in:

   http://maps1.dnr.state.mn.us/test/tiles/switch.html

Presumably you can tell MapCache to only generate tiles over certain zoom
ranges for each tileset - thus reducing disk space. Perhaps I'm miss
interpreting your question though. --Steve