[mapserver-users] Benchmarking suite in progress..

James Gardner jsg at internode.on.net
Sat Apr 4 07:18:20 PDT 2020

Hi!

I have done some preliminary work on a mapserver benchmarking project....

github.com/kalessine/mapserver-benchmark/

documentation is sparse at the moment, but i'll do some more work on
this next week...

my initial tests show that mapserv called by fcgiwrap from nginx is
quite slow :( there seems to be

an additional 1 second of latency added to each request... if anyone
knowledgeable on ubuntu 18.04, nginx, fcgiwrap and mapserv could have a
look at my server script (under mapserver-benchmark/nginx-fcgiwrap/ and
give me some advice as to where i'm going wrong...

i'm thinking it may be in the fastcgi_params file that comes stock with
nginx..

apache2 responds to requests much (6x requests in 10mins) faster...

suggestions welcome!

Thanks,

    James Gardner