[mapserver-users] mapscript with php as module does not flush buffers

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Thu Jan 2 14:58:25 PST 2020

Hi all,

I use PHP-Mapscript to server WMS-maps, with a MapFile based on an
underlying VRT-file. My application changes the geometry transformation
of the VRT-file, and reloads the WMS. It uses the same MapFile ($oMap =
ms_newMapObj($mapfile), but with a changed underlying VRT-file;

When I use PHP as CGI, the reloaded WMS correctly shows the map with the
new transformation. With PHP as an Apache module,  older transformations
are displayed in a random manner. I guess the VRT-file gets buffered
somewhere, but I am unable to flush that buffer, either with
PHP-functions or with random parameters for the WMS-call.

Any ideas? I would prefer to use PHP as a module.

Thanks,

Jan