[mapserver-users] QGIS / Mapserver WFS filter (bbox/envelope) interoperability issue

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Fri Jun 5 07:59:50 PDT 2020

Hi Even,

Wow - thanks a lot!

Also, your other assumption was right - when switching the WFS version to
1.0 in QGIS, the ST_MakeEnvelope() from QGIS Desktop as a WFS client seems
to be translated to <gml:Box/> instead of envelope:

Here is the filter request from QGIS, when choosing WFS 1.0:

<ogc:Filter xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc" xmlns:gml="
http://www.opengis.net/gml">
<ogc:And>
<ogc:BBOX>
<ogc:PropertyName>wkb_geometry</ogc:PropertyName>
<gml:Box srsName="EPSG:2056">
<gml:coordinates cs="," ts=" ">2437300,1064250
2872700,1305750</gml:coordinates>
</gml:Box>
</ogc:BBOX>
<ogc:And xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc">
<ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc">
<ogc:PropertyName xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc
">kanton</ogc:PropertyName>
<ogc:Literal xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc">SO</ogc:Literal>
</ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo>
<ogc:Intersects xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc">
<ogc:PropertyName xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc
">wkb_geometry</ogc:PropertyName>
<gml:Box xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml" srsName="EPSG:2056">
<gml:coordinates xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml" cs="," ts="
">2612000,1245500 2613500,1246500</gml:coordinates>
</gml:Box>
</ogc:Intersects>
</ogc:And>
</ogc:And>
</ogc:Filter>

Thanks a lot to both Even and James for your help!

Andreas

On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 at 16:38, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com>
wrote:

> On vendredi 5 juin 2020 15:09:22 CEST Even Rouault wrote:
>
> > > So my question: is a newer version of UMN (7.2, 7.4, 7.6) perhaps the
>
> > > "Envelope" style syntax in the WFS filter that QGIS Desktop is sending
> or
>
> > > should we better try to add a new "bbox" method to the WFS Client of
> QGIS
>
> > > Desktop? I quickly browsed through the UMN Mapserver changelogs but
> didn't
>
> > > see any obvious improvement around "Envelope" support in filters.
>

> > Hi Andreas,
>

> > this is quite unfortunate MapServer doesn't support gml:Envelope as a
>
> > geometry in the "Intersects" request, whereas we support it inside a
> <BBOX>
>
> > filter. The optimistic in me says that shouldn't be too hard to fix.
>

> Was indeed simple to fix:
>
> https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/pull/6091
>

> On QGIS client side, you may try with WFS 1.0. I don't think QGIS will
> emit a gml:Envelope then
>

> --

> http://www.spatialys.com

Andreas Neumann