[mapserver-users] MAXSCALEDENOM using runtime var

Steve Lime sdlime at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 13:56:06 PDT 2020

Hi Scott: Nope, the various scale denominator properties are not mutable
via URL parameters. It's a relatively simple change to make it happen (just
modify maplexer.l (look for the keyword of choice) and rebuild) but I'm not
sure it's a great idea since you could be opening up some performance
headaches for both your mapping box and backend data sources. I mean, a
user could essentially affect at what level high density data could be
drawn at, so imagine asking for high density roads at a global scale from a
remote PostgreSQL/PostGIS source.

--Steve