[mapserver-users] Mapserver 7.6.1 - PHP 7 Swig - Kml output issue

Bruno Domenget bruno.domenget.roch at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 05:14:26 PDT 2020

Hi all !

On a brand new debian server with Mapserver 7.6.1 / SWIG PHP Mapscript (+
GDal 3.13 and Proj 7.1.1) I am encountering a strange issue with KML output
format. The code and mapfiles I am using were working perfectly on an old
Mapserver 6.4 / PHP mapscript installation, I just converted the PHP
functions to the SWIG interface.

On a simple map file and PHP script the map shows fine, but when I select
KML as outputformat ( $map->selectOutputFormat('kml'); ) I get the
following error : *Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: msDrawMap(): Image
handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'Points'. in
/home/mapserver/public_html/lib/mapscript.php:2637*

*Stack trace: #0 /home/mapserver/public_html/lib/mapscript.php(2637):
mapobj_draw() #1
/home/mapserver/public_html/test/test_points_export.php(15): mapObj->draw()
#2 {main} thrown in /home/mapserver/public_html/lib/mapscript.php on line
2637*

There is no detail in the logs concerning that error, and I haven’t found
any suitable solution. *It works if I remove the LABEL entry from the layer
class, but then there is no label…*

I tried with several PHP versions (7.1, 7.3, 7.4) and it always gave me the
same result. Everything else works perfectly, I have no issue with
Shapefile or Mapinfo output.

Does anybody know what is going on ?

Here is an example of mapfile that causes this issue :

https://pastebin.com/LFxZ1L9T

And the PHP code :

https://pastebin.com/Tp30bzf3

Thanks,