[mapserver-users] Create a tileindex for WFS

mathias cunault mathias.cunault at inrap.fr
Mon Apr 12 05:00:30 PDT 2021

 Hello,
In a PostgreSQL 13 database, I have 3 materialized views with 2578, 22013
and 62500 rows.
I am using MS4W 4.0.3 to generate a WFS based on these 3 views.
The aim is for users to display these WFS in QGIS.
I have other lightweight views in PostgreSQL that can be easily displayed,
but these 3 materialized views seem to be too heavy to display because some
messages say that Downloading the layer entities has failed or partially
failed.
I wonder if using a tileindex was a good idea to speed up the display.
Before going further in the developments, I would like your opinion about
two things :

   - I have to cut my views in "slices" before create a tileIndex for each
   one.
   - The tileindex can be stored in postgis database.

Am I right?
If not is there a better solution ?
Thanks for your help