[mapserver-users] Hide MAP Key file directory path

1520 gis juliermeopensourcedeveloper at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 08:28:28 PDT 2021

Hi developers,

I have hit my head on a wall, trying to hide the path of the file .qgs
available in MAP Key.

My first attempt was to redirect the URL (QUERY_STRING) according to the
link <https://www.mapserver.org/ogc/wms_server.html> :

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule wmsmap?(.*)
/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/home/www/mapserverstuff/mymapfile.map&$1

Everything works fine if the whole URL is written in *Substitution* part

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule qgis-server?(.*)
/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?map=/home/qgis/project/map.qgs&version=1.3.0&service=WMS&request=GetCapabilities&$1

However, if I just add the MAP Key value in the query, I got the error [1]
bellow, even setting the insensitive flag [NC]:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule qgis-server?(.*)
/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?map=/home/qgis/project/map.qgs.map&$1

[1]

localhost/qgis-server?

<ServiceExceptionReport xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/ogc" version="1.3.0">
<ServiceException code="Service configuration error">Service unknown or
unsupported. Current supported services (case-sensitive): WMS WFS WCS WMTS
SampleService, or use a WFS3 (OGC API Features) endpoint</ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

In order to start using the RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING}
MAP=/home/qgis/project/map.qgs, I need to get this (case-sensitive) first.
Refer to [1].

Any help in this matter will be very appreciated.

Kind regards

Julierme