[mapserver-users] cgi-bin/mapserv double free error on RHEL 8.2

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Apr 16 15:29:31 PDT 2021

Some quick thoughts before the weekend:

- interesting.  And everything is fine with GDAL commands ogrinfo
--formats etc?

- the canned response is:
   - compile with CMAKE_BUID_TYPE=DEBUG
   - run shp2img (with an error inside your mapfile) in the gdb debugger
(https://mapserver.org/optimization/debugging.html#running-in-the-debugger)
   - paste gdb output here (using https://pastebin.com/ ) for everyone
to review (but that is rarely super easy to solve in email)

Not sure.  I would also take a look inside your /cgi-bin/ dir and
execute: ldd mapserv   (and look for any conflicts with libs)   but
that's an awful guess, not easy to see (but I've been here before with
PROJ/GeoTIFF/Spatialite lib conflicts, in this case I'm not sure what lib).

In extreme stress, I would also test with today's checkout of the 'main'
repository from GitHub (recompile with the latest from the repository I
mean).

Sorry, I'm sure others have better advice.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: Developers of MS4W, MapServer Consulting and Training