[mapserver-users] Mapserver vsis3 perfomance

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 15:10:24 PDT 2022

I have found that S3 has a little more latency than even the cheapest AWS
EBS storage (SC1). I used Apache AB several years ago to test and didn't do
an especially rigorous job with the testing so that might not be applicable
in your case, and for that matter, that might not still be the case.

Rich

On Fri, Jul 22, 2022 at 1:12 AM Elari Roop <elari.roop at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am rather new to mapserver and I am trying to read mosaic from S3, but I
> have run into perfomance issues.
>
> https://github.com/pedros007/mapserver-docker
>

> I folowed the instructions above, but it seems that increasing number of
> threads below does not have any impact on perfomance.
>
>> CONFIG "GDAL_NUM_THREADS" "50"
>

> Could it be that the mapserver is reading data with only one thread or
> could this be related to something else like overviews configuration,
> reading from tileindex shp file etc?
>
> Best regards,
> Elari

Richard W. Greenwood