[mapserver-users] External WMS issue

John Huotari John.Huotari at RCIS.com
Wed Jun 15 07:51:39 PDT 2022

Thanks Jeff; that info helped greatly with no longer chasing dead ends.  I was hoping I'd be able to say I got it working, but after trying several things including setting the CURL_CA_BUNDLE file as an IIS FastCGI variable, it still isn't working.  Our next step will be switching to the MS4W distribution of MapServer; just have to get through our busy season here before we make that switch.  Thanks for the info!

John

-----Original Message-----

Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2022 07:12:43 -0300
From: Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com>
To: mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [mapserver-users] External WMS issue

Hi John,

There is a long-standing issue on Windows systems where environment variables are not able to be accessed, by the FOSS4G software stack.  To work around this for MS4W users, I set that CURL_CA_BUNDLE manually all throughout the MS4W stack, instead of through an environment variable.
(the upcoming MapServer 8 release will include a config file where we can also set this instead)  I also set CURL_CA_BUNDLE in MS4W's Apache http server.  All of those manual sets have basically eliminated the hundreds of reports I'd get weekly of that variable not being read, from MS4W users.

Hope that helps (this issue is not discussed often publicly, but trust me, it unfortunately exists).

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: Developers of MS4W, MapServer Consulting and Training co-founder of FOSS4G http://gatewaygeo.com/__;!!G6MNE2S8Nw!m2E3pCPSkq3ylKyH5eWJpbtQNsvt9xTyIIK4JKyfRB5ko9scuSYLPr6TQHNmYrVHw1Z-sPgh1S_ry0Hi0Ny3VII6ZbEP_RHe$

This message, along with any attachments, is for the designated recipient(s) only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If this message has reached you in error, kindly destroy it without review and notify the sender immediately. Any other use of such misdirected e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Zurich and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with company policy.