[MapServer-users] The server you are trying to connect to does not seem to be a WMS server. Please check the URL. WMS XML stops generating

Marcin Niemyjski mniemyjski at cloudferro.com
Thu Nov 10 08:43:20 PST 2022

Hello,

coming back to you with error which I can't overcome. I created mapfile from vrt rasters created by gdal warp -of VRT from tiffs with GCP georeference. While trying to add wms layer to qgis it throws error: The server you are trying to connect to does not seem to be a WMS server. Please check the URL.

Details (or message obtained aftery request GetCapabilities) seems to be wms XML file which unexetedly stoped generaing and stars with:

Instead of the capabilities string that was expected, the following response has been received:
Could not get WMS capabilities: unexpected end of file at line 8905 column 63
This is probably due to an incorrect WMS Server URL.
Response was:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
<WMS_Capabilities version="1.3.0"  xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/wms"

ends with:

        </EX_GeographicBoundingBox>
        <BoundingBox CRS="EPSG:4326"
                    minx="34.6282" miny="86.661" maxx="36.532"

Mapfile consist of 419 mapfiles, when I leave few random layers it loads in other cases - throws errors.

Hope someone has workaround.
Best,
Marcin