[MapServer-users] Frontend recommendations for my new project: Serve time domain data?

Stefan Gofferje lists at home.gofferje.net
Fri Nov 11 23:46:44 PST 2022

Hi all!

After I got my first mapserver project on the road really quickly,
thanks to the community here, I'm working on my second one...

I'm pulling Sentinel 1 and 2 imagery of my municipality every day,
pushing them through some gdal magic and - at the moment - sending them
to a Telegram group for other SA (situational awareness), map and nature
nerds in my area.

I already wrote a Python script to create shape file catalogs for the
files including the time domain and I have a mapserver test instance
running.

Now I'm looking for a good frontend - or maybe I have to tinker one
together myself? I'd like something lightweight, docker-friendly and
easily customizable. I am tinkering with GeoSolutions' MapStore at the
moment, but while it's a really cool concept, it's not overly
docker-friendly when it comes to customization and it has some weird
quirks, probably due to it being JAVA. I'd also like to avoid PostgreSQL
if possible because I don't know anything about it except that upgrading
is a huge hassle. I'm more of a MySQL/MariaDB guy.

Any recommendations?

-Stefan

--
  (o_   Stefan Gofferje            | SCLT, MCP, CCSA
  //\   Reg'd Linux User #247167   | VCP #2263