[MapServer-users] Frontend recommendations for my new project: Serve time domain data?

Stefan Gofferje lists at home.gofferje.net
Sat Nov 12 09:37:50 PST 2022

Hi,

On Saturday, 12 November 2022 15:11:44 EET Just van den Broecke wrote:
> My guess is, that you want to use a browser-based frontend.

Yes! Stupid me forgot to mention...

> Then best to
> base that on Leaflet or OpenLayers. Both are pure-client JavaScript
> libraries. These libs may be bare when developing from scratch, you can
> also use a library that extends these libs (like MapStore).

I actually have been doing some stuff with Leaflet before. All on hobby-level
but writing something myself also is a strong option.

> Shameless plug: Wegue [1]  combines OpenLayers with VueJS. For basic
> apps the framework ishas standard components, JSON-config-based (no
> programming!), runs out-of-the box with Docker and brings no backend.
> But there are many more you can find e.g. on the OSGeo-live distro [2].

That looks pretty interesting! A little candy-ish but I guess, that's what
makes users happy nowadays, judging by all those candy-ish websites out there
which use 128x128px icons and 48px fonts for text :D.

-Stefan

--
 (o_   Stefan Gofferje            | SCLT, MCP, CCSA
 //\   Reg'd Linux User #247167   | VCP #2263