[MapServer-users] ITEMS and PROCESSING

Lars Schylberg lars.schylberg at blixtmail.se
Wed Feb 22 12:00:34 PST 2023

Hi list,

I just have to check if there is some way to read a ITEMS from a
variable, ie ITEMS="[labels]".  The processing of items is "so good" for
inline features.  What I would like, is to write ITEMS on the layer
level without a feature block and read it from a variable.  Splitting
strings with sql sqlite syntax is really a pain, when splitting the data
while reading the data. I made several test myself, trying to specify
ITEMS outside feature blocks without success. My sub labels could be
between 1-5 characters which makes the substr commands in sql really
complicated.

     FEATURE
       POINTS
         50 50
       END
       ITEMS "E4;55;655;9"
     END

    PROCESSING "ITEMS=label1,label2,label3,label4"

Just wondering if I have overlooked something in the Mapserver manual.

Thanks in advance / Lars Schylberg