[MapServer-users] mapcache install -- libapache

Greg Robillard greg at visible.city
Wed Jan 18 10:19:18 PST 2023

Has anyone had luck installing libapache2-mod-mapcache? I installed
Mapserver 7.4 using apt on an Ubuntu 22.04 server. Mapserver works
beautifully. I attempted to do the same with apt to install the Apache
Mapcache module libapache2-mod-mapcache, but the installation fails. The
install goes through, but Apache fails to start. The message from apachctl
configtest reads: "Cannot load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_mapcache.so
into server: libpng12.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory." I can verify that the .so file is in the correct place in the
system. When I run $ldd /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_mapcache.so, the
response is empty, which suggests to me that the install of
/usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_mapcache.so failed.

I cannot find any documentation around the use of  libapache2-mod-mapcache,
so I am wondering if my best bet is to compile from source.
Thanks,

Greg