[MapServer-users] MS_MAP_PATTERN cannot accept network share

Benedek Petrovicz benedek.petrovicz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 13:47:42 PDT 2023

Hi!

I'm running into an issue where I cannot reference the mapfiles from a
network share.
I'm getting the following error: *msCGILoadMap(): Web application error.
CGI variable "map" fails to validate.*

The path to my mapfile is the following: *//MY-NAS/MapFiles/test.map*
It's under a network share.

I know that it should work, because when I set a MAP alias to the same path
in the global config, it just works.

I tried multiple MS_MAP_PATTERN settings, but couldn't get it to accept the
path.

   - *MS_MAP_PATTERN "."*
   - *MS_MAP_PATTERN "^.+$"*

Is there any way to get MapServer accept a network share path?
Unfortunately I cannot use the MAP aliases, because I have to make it work
for multiple dynamic environments.

I'm trying to make it work under MapServer 8.

Thank you!
Benedek