[VisCom] Presentation material

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Sat Apr 1 10:12:18 EST 2006

> Once the brochure is available we should try to translate
> it asap to various languages to have that ready for the
> September conference.

I will also try to discuss about distribution of brochures
and other ways of promotion at Map Asia 2006 with the
with Dr. Nitin Tripathi, Editor-in-Chief, International
Journal of Geoinformatics (IJG). IJG brought out the
special issue of the FOSS/GRASS 2004 Bangkok Conference
and is planning to have a booth at Map Asia 2004. Nitin
also works closely with Sanjay Kumar at GISDevelopment.

>I could easily organize an Italian
> translation (folks here want to read in Italian, not English,
> same will apply to many countries).
> Maybe printing could be done for various languages then?

I can also try to get some news article published in
Japanese journals (e.g. Japan Society of Geoinformatics,
Markus is also a member). I think, once the brochure write-up
approved by the board is ready we can have offical translations
and published in appropriate forums.

Kind regards

Venka