[VisCom] Re: [Incubator] Branding/Sales information required in Graduation Template

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Tue Oct 24 18:56:57 EDT 2006

On Tue, October 24, 2006 07:31, Tyler Mitchell wrote:

> On 23-Oct-06, at 2:35 PM, Arnulf Christl wrote:
>> There is more to this, we have not really specified what happens to a
>> project once it is graduated, curently all processes simply stop, this
>> cannot be in our interest. We have addressed th bug tracker issue but
>> there is no control or agenda which would bring this up excpet the
>> project
>> does it out of its own interest.
>
> This may be minor, but would it be good if all projects could produce
> monthly status reports outlining key developments, improvements,
> roadblocks - perhaps number of squashed bugs or something like that.
> This could serve as a metric for monitoring project activity - but
> can also serve as a source for a consolidate 'news' or community
> update.  This would help encourage projects to continue to be active
> and a good way to keep the board informed of growing issues.
>
> Tyler

This was what I had in mind although it would not really be any kind of
control as the reporting member would usually have stakes in the project
and could choose to simply not report problems. Obviously we should be
able to trust projects but then we must be aware that it is not a
'control' thing anymore.

I would really really suggest to keep it at the 3 month term as Cameron
suggests, also from the perspective of those having to digest and evaluate
the information.

Regards,

--
Arnulf Christl