[VisCom] Logos, Round II

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Mon Oct 30 21:43:32 EST 2006

I'm pretty sure that the tagline is fixed in stone.  Didn't we run a vote on it?

I like the new graphic, though the old logo seems to degrade to smaller sizes better.  Probably because of the gradient fill.

I didn't like the new green at all at first look.  Too grassy; too much yellow.  I think it's growing on me though.

I do like the full colour version, but think that we need to standardise on white for the word OSGeo on a black background.  I like the one colour version better, but I think it's because of this.  Also possibly because it's "whiter", bringing the overall colour impression very close to our original logo (that I've become used to).

The reversed one is nice too, but in this case, I think that we should lose the shaded effect on the compass spokes.  They don't show up, and the effect is a compass with wonky spokes.

Jason