[VisCom] The thrilling benefits of OSGeo membership

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Sat Sep 9 12:32:36 EDT 2006

Dear Jo:

A few nits:

* What does the "Committees" box on
http://community.osgeo.org/user/register page refer to?  Is it for
joining the WebCom and VisCom mailing lists, or registering interest in
joining those two highly-esteemed organizations, or..?

* Also on that page, under "Username" it says *spaces* are allowed --
yikes, is that really correct?

* I also wonder if we should make people list their IRC nicks.  I've
finally got zool and seven and spatialguru down now, but am still
wondering who f0urtyfive, snowbike, what_nick, and omniverdi are... :-)

Now, as to the good "membership benefits" question -- I am embarassed to
say I don't think VisCom has ever really tried to write down why anyone
would want to join us.  (I think I just figured that we already had all
the cool people on board :-)

I don't have time to write something up right now, but I think I saw
someone (Jason?) putting some text like this together for the WebCom
gang?

-mpg