[VisCom] A China chapter press release?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Sep 9 14:15:38 EDT 2006

On 9/9/06, Michael P. Gerlek <mpg at lizardtech.com> wrote:
> I am thinking about writing a press release about OSGeo's growing
> international presence.  The key item would be the launch of our chapter
> in China, but would go on to include a few paragraphs about the other
> chapters across the world that we are forming, esp. those in Asia.  Why
> local organizations are important to us, ebenfits of getting
> internationalization and translation of products, support for
> governments and countries that are increasingly looking for
> "alternative" approaches such as open source, etc.
>
> Publication date would be around the 19th of September, the date of the
> China meeting.

Michael,

My only thought on this is that we likely ought to
give similar billing to the new India chapter since
it is formed around the same time, in a similar sized
nation and with distinguished initial members.

The downside is that I don't believe there is a
comparable launch event to the one I believe is
occuring in China this month.

Best regards