[OSGeo-Discuss] Terms of logo use and linking

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 24 12:17:57 EDT 2006

Hi guys,
There has been some discussion around all that you mentioned, the
latest was through the Visibility Committee and education lists, e.g.:
https://edu.osgeo.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=discuss&msgNo=245

The discussion has been somewhat disjointed, because it is confusing
to think about who is best to work on these problems.  The ball is in
the Visibility Committee's court, though the committee could sure use
some help.

>> Here is the OSGeo logo in various formats:

Michael Gerlek (viscom chair) has a proposal to clean up the logo and
develop all the various formats of the logo, etc.  that we could
need.  So that just needs a bit of time.  In the meantime, I will
upload the .eps and .ai formats of the logo shortly.

>> https://www.osgeo.org/content/news/news_archive/logo/index.html

Unless you are desperate, I don't think you should use the logos at
this URL any more since we do have them in more accessible formats now.

The other issue is logo usage policy.  Again, it is the visibility
committee's responsibility at the moment to draft up logo usage
policy guidelines.  If anyone else has time to help pull something
together, please join the visibility committee mailing list and let
us know - we could use the help.  If our committee cannot pull
something together in the next or so, then the board will have to
hand the job to someone else.

Hope that adds some clarity for you.

If you have a good source for providing business cards, can you also
let me know?

Tyler