[Viscom-dev] Re: VisCom library

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Apr 26 10:51:09 EDT 2007

On 26-Apr-07, at 6:57 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On 4/26/07, Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) <arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com>
> wrote:
>> The migration from CN did more harm to the VisCom library than I
>> had hoped.
>
> me, too... see
> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/14

Did you guys see the update I made to the ticker?  As the ticket
says, I've created the content type so more entries can be easily
added through the web interface.

I am in the process of copy the library files onto the server, so
don't worry about that Michael.  After that, I will unzip it and then
tell everyone the pattern for accessing the files.  Then new library
entries can be made with a simple URL pointing to the document.

>> I just received an extended GRASS presentation in OSGeo design
>> from Scott Mitchell and am still looking for the right place to
>> upload it. This presentation could be presented or run in an
>> animated loop in the background while people are chatting. There
>> are more like this but as I said - I am not happy with the way we
>> currently do not manage them.

The right place is now using this form:
http://www.osgeo.org/node/add/content_library
If there is an access problem, let me know.  Any authenticated user
can add new items and edit their own.  Project managers can add/edit
all entries.

I hope this helps,