[Viscom-dev] Promotion CD

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 5 16:48:31 EST 2007

On 3-Mar-07, at 3:27 AM, Malte Halbey-Martin wrote:

> One thing which was mentioned as the most important thing to do is a
> stable, easy to use and fancy GIS live CD which can be spread on
> conferences, meetings, etc. I'm thinking about something like the last
> FOSS4GIS cd or the omniverde live CD.

Hi Malte,
I agree with you and we have some great experience in the community
working with this kind of effort.  We have ominiverd's liveCD, among
others, but we also have projects like GeoNetwork who have made
handouts of their CD distributions.  I'm following how the LiveCD
project is going and am optimistic that it will meet our needs quite
well.