[Board] Re: [Marketing] this issue of sponsorship for OSGeo presence at conferences

Dave McIlhagga dmcilhagga at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Oct 10 22:58:00 EDT 2007

Re. Budget:

On 10-Oct-07, at 3:20 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

>> I also note it seems to be in the finance committee's remit to set
>> and
>> release a definite budget to the Marketing Committee, AFAIK we/it
>> is/are
>> planning to meet within the next couple of weeks.
>
> I believe the finance committee would be expected to propose a budget
> to the full board for approval, and then monitor that the
> foundation is
> operating within it.

Yes - my hope is that at our next board meeting we will be able to
review and hopefully pass the budget refined by the finance committee
for 2008.

For line items like the Marketing budget -- some of this could be
used during November/December with the understanding that the
budgeted amount will have to last through December 2008 barring
further infusion of cash from new sponsorships / other sources during
the course of 2008.

Dave