[Marketing] osgeo web site

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Oct 18 07:38:54 EDT 2007

Tim Bowden wrote:
> Not sure who runs the web site now that we no longer have a visibility
> committee, but the osgeo.org web site is returning a MySQL error page.
>
> Not sure I like the idea of marketing getting hold of it though...
> Marketing departments seem to do shocking things to web sites.  Lots of
> flash animations, marketing-droid-speak, no substance etc...

Tim,

The OSGeo servers are run by SAC (System Administration Committee), the
actual web site content by WebCom.  The website is accessable again and
I'm still digging into what filled the disk.

In an emergency, you can contact the primary administrators listed in:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/SAC:Primary_Administrators

We need to make this more prominent.

Best regards,