[Marketing] Processing "OSGeo Teach-in" request

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Jun 3 17:03:19 EDT 2008

On 3-Jun-08, at 1:25 PM, jo at frot.org wrote:

>  This idea of selling the "OSGeo Teach-In" as a "brand" to sponsors
>   keeps the decision clean. There's already a range of sponsorship
>   benefits listed at http://www.osgeo.org/sponsorship ... a Supporting
>   Sponsor could have the right to host events labelled "OSGeo Teach-
> in",
>   and there would end our involvement.

Jo,
I don't see how becoming a sponsor can help in these cases.  It's
come up a couple times but I think there's a misunderstanding of
sponsor benefits here.  The rights of sponsors don't really include
using the OSGeo brand as part of their own events.  It merely lets
them identify themselves as sponsors.  Are you thinking of specific
wording on that page that suggests more?  I'm thinking of the "Right
to use OSGeo Sponsor logo and promote named sponsorship level"