[Marketing] Processing "OSGeo Teach-in" request

Jeroen Ticheler Jeroen at Ticheler.net
Tue Jun 3 18:27:35 EDT 2008

Hi Jo,
I think there's an important extra point here: The organizers take the
full financial risk of the event.

Further to Tyler's point (I don't see how becoming a sponsor can help
in these cases.  It's come up a couple times but I think there's a
misunderstanding of sponsor benefits here.  The rights of sponsors
don't really include using the OSGeo brand as part of their own
events.  It merely lets them identify themselves as sponsors.  Are you
thinking of specific wording on that page that suggests more?  I'm
thinking of the "Right to use OSGeo Sponsor logo and promote named
sponsorship level"):

I could definitely see that becoming a benefit of sponsors. I'm still
not convinced that selling a teach in brand in itself is something I
would go for, but could live with that. I like the sponsor benefit
better, using another formulation than "OSGeo Teach In" for such an
event.

Ciao,
Jeroen