[Marketing] Re: Promoting OSGEO in New Zealand

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 18:41:41 EDT 2008

Harley, (CCing the OSGeo marketing committee)

Tyler is away till Monday (Tuesday for us), so you are unlikely to get a
response from him before then.

 From what I can gather, all the marketing information we have is linked
from this page:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Committee
in particular:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Committee#Brochures.2C_Flyers.2C_Presentation_Templates

Unfortunately these fliers are a bit out of date and don't reflect the
latest list of OSGeo projects.

The wiki page is quite a mess and we need to go through and clean it up.
In particular we should have a step by step guide on How to provide an
OSGeo presence at a conference, including links to resources and
recommendations on funding.

If you have the budget, I suspect the most valuable marketing tool you
would have is to do a print run of the LiveDVD and hand that out.
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#FOSS4G_2008_LiveDVD

The second thing that we as a Marketing Committee need to address is
guidelines on how we maximise return on investment from OSGeo's
relatively small funds.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect