[Marketing] OSGeo philosophical support request

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Fri Dec 11 04:49:11 EST 2009

Dear marketing committee,

with this mail I'm officially asking a philosophical support of OSGeo
for the XII GRASS and FOSS4G meeting of the Italian Language users.

The event will be held in Lugano (South Switzerland) on the 10-11-12
February 2010.

The organization is coordinated by myself (Massimiliano Cannata) with
the support of gfoss.it users (actually the Italian local chapter) and
the historical Italian users of GRASS (Zatelli, Brovelli, Ciolli, etc.).

The program includes workshops, invited talks, and presentations.

In the case I will be the contact for OSGeo for this event
(massimiliano.cannata [] supsi.ch).

In the case of acceptance of this request I think that some arrangement
to enhance OSGeo visibility is required (market material).

Thanks,
Massimiliano

P.s.:
- Monetary support is not request but as always is more then welcome
(just the coffee break expenses are needed)
- For those who don't know me (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Maxi71):
Massimiliano has a P.h.D. in Geodesy and Geomatic and is member of the
GRASS PSC and participate to the OSGeo activity since the first join
meeting in Bangkok between GRASS and Mapserver and presented to all the
OSGeo meetings with different contributions.
I was one of the Funding member of the Italian OSGeo Chapter and its
first liason officer.

--

Dr. Eng. Massimiliano Cannata
Responsabile Area Geomatica