[Marketing] Local Chapter and fundation representation

Jacolin Yves yjacolin at free.fr
Tue Jul 7 11:48:31 EDT 2009

Le Monday 06 July 2009 17:21:53 Frank Warmerdam, vous avez écrit :
> Jacolin Yves wrote:
> > # Sponsorship
> >
> > The Californian LC "want to collect sponsorships, or at least get
> > sponsors to help shares costs for events." [3], the OSGeo-fr LC aims to
> > get some funds by this way as well. We already have some contact but our
> > sponsorship process is still a draft document.
> >
> > What are the possibility for LC to get funds without create issue for
> > OSGeo? How can we create a process which could allow local sponsor to
> > move up to sponsor OSGeo fundation later? Finally, what is the allowance?
>
> Yves,
>
> I think it is entirely appropriate for local chapters to seek sponsorship
> from organizations in their area of activity.  From my perspective my main
> concern would be that local chapters make it clear that the money is being
> managed at the local chapter level - not by the OSGeo Foundation, and I
> think that local chapters who do handle money need to take responsibility
> for their own financial accountability.  This should, I think, include some
> sort of annual finacial report listing income and expenses so people can
> understand what is happening with the money.
>
> I think it might also be reasonable for local chapters who are serious
> about collecting sponsorship, and who have "sponsorship web pages" to be
> listed on:
>
>    http://www.osgeo.org/sponsorship/opportunities
>
> though I can imagine there might need to be some further discussion before
> this would happen.
>
> I would appreciate it if those seeking sponsorships for local chapters also
> make potential sponsors aware of some of the other sponsorship options so
> the sponsor can pick the approach that best fits their objectives.  I do
> think local sponsorship can be attractive to many organizations.
>
> Best regards,

Frank,

Thank for your answer. Some information: OSGeo-fr is a legal association under
French law so we have to follow the french rules and have to :
* meet together once per year in AGM ;
* publish annual fund report ;

For your last comment about "make potential sponsors aware of some of the
other sponsorship options" it seems clear to me that local chapter could be a
way to find OSGeo sponsorship for company seeking global overview.

Y.
--
Yves Jacolin

Ne demandez pas si vous pouvez contribuer, contribuez ! :)
---
http://softlibre.gloobe.org