[Marketing] OSGeo Branding ...end of the road?

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 08:50:52 EDT 2009

I joined the marketing list to work on the website branding story.
Both to help the foundation to establish some kind of visual identity
and provide some guidance for projects that join. I had earlier joined
the website committee to work on the self same subject.

Wolf you are working on a new theme for Drupal? I started looking at
something called Sphinx - hoping to share some theme elements with
mapserver.org which uses the same setup.

This is really a subject that falls between the two committee's to
sort out. The stuff coming back from the graphic designer is of uneven
quality; you can see earlier in this thread a couple of tries to make
sense out of it.
- http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Material_Samples
- http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/marketing/present/
- http://how2map.blogspot.com/2009/05/osgeo-branding.html
- http://www.geotools.org/

I would also like to upload the open office workbook template sorted
out in that blog post; and I confess I am stuck on the slide idea as
provided (and I feel some pressure with the presentation process for
FOSS4G settling down this week - I would like the OSGeo slide template
in the hands of each osgeo project as they start to write.

I understand I am trying to use the OSGeo brand in a strong fashion
here; both to have an impact as a foundation; and present a consistent
face to the public.

Jody