[Marketing] Re: OSGeo/FOSSGIS project flyer in german language

Judit Mays mays at lat-lon.de
Thu Jun 18 08:46:57 EDT 2009

I am new to the list - hello everyone!

Astrid, your mail came just at the right time, as we were thinking of
creating a new flyer as well. I have taken your template and made a few
adjustments:
* slightly reduced size of OSGeo and FOSSGIS logos
* slightly increased size of <Project> header
* slightly move down the line under the header
* replaced "OSGeo Project" with "Project in incubation", as it better
suits for deegree.
* slightly move this text up a bit, so it will be placed within the footer
* moved the text block of the footer from the content page to the master
page (makes life easier, if you want to create 2 pages for duplex flyers)
* some adjustments for the green border to fit exactly to the page.

All in all this list is quite long, but the result is not much different
to what you have kindly provided. A template containing my changes can
be downloaded from [1]. A full example for deegree is available at [2].

One thing that one might still want to change is the large grey
background compass (is that the watermark?), as it resembles the old
OSGeo logo instead of the new.

I would be happy to hear from others, as to whether Astrid's template
(with or without my changes) is considered acceptable?

Kind regards,
Judit

[1] http://web.lat-lon.de/~mays/OSGeo_FOSSGIS_Project_Flyer.otp
[2] http://web.lat-lon.de/~mays/OSGeo_FOSSGIS_deegree_Flyer.pdf