[Marketing] renewing the presentation library

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Apr 27 13:59:36 EDT 2010

Jo Walsh wrote:
> dear OSGeo marketers,
>
> Giving an OSGeo talk to AGI Scotland tomorrow, and thinking to raid the
> OSGeo presentation library.
>
> It seems to peter out in 2008 yet I know that lots of OSGeo talks have
> been given since then - should i be looking somewhere other than
> http://www.osgeo.org/library
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Library
> http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/marketing/present/
>
> What help is needed and can i contribute my presentation after tomorrow?
>
> cheers,
>

> jo

The last link there is only for background images and OSGeo generic
materials to help people build a presentation.
http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/marketing/present/

I agree we should revitalize http://www.osgeo.org/library (although
/presentations might be a better url) with something similar to the EDU
content database. Specifically expecting people to upload their slides
to either their own website, slidshare, sribd etc. Note I think there is
a slideshare group for OSGeo so all the stuff tagged with OSGeo ends up
together.

Thanks,
Alex