[Marketing] Fwd: Innovation Fair Exhibit Invitation for the Understanding Risk Conference hosted at the World Bank in Washington, DC, June 1-3, 2010

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 16:26:33 EDT 2010

Tyler,
This would be a good conference to have an OSGeo presence at, if we
already have OSGeo people attending who can man the booth.

I would not want OSGeo to spend any substantial money on this conference
(bar maybe printing some liveDVDs and fliers). So I suggest our position
should be:
Yes, we are interested if:
* OSGeo volunteers are already attending and prepared to cover the OSGeo
booth, or travel expenses or similar are paid to get an OSGeo member to
the conference
* We are provided with a free booth, or a local partner is prepared to
cover costs

You may wish to note that OSGeo (here in Australia) is usually offered a
booth for free, due to the fact that OSGeo is a not-for-profit with very
little money.