[Marketing] Meeting this week - defining marketing requirements for incubation

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue May 11 07:36:05 EDT 2010

Tyler,
For marketing meeting in 2 days, at:
http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2010&month=5&day=13&hour=7&min=0&sec=0&p1=224&p2=240&p3=215

I've written up a list of Marketing Artifacts [1] which I believe should
become marketing requirements for projects going through incubation.

I'd like to see debate, and then decisions about:
1. Whether OSGeo Marketing and Incubation committees agree that these
artefacts need to be produced by all OSGeo projects.
2. Have I defined the artefacts effectively? What should or should not
be in these artefacts?
3. Where should these artefacts be stored? Application Definition &
Overview are stored in the LiveDVD svn directory now. Should they be
moved into a marketing directory? Should education take ownership of it?
Note, whatever we set up for documentation, will probably be applicable
for training, which will be the next documentation for marketing to
focus on.

The key requirements align with existing artifacts which most projects
have developed for the LiveDVD:

* Application Definition
* Application Overview
* Logo
* Test Description & Test Results

For foss4g 2010, I'd like to add:
* 1 slide for the OSGeo-Live presentation
* Application Quick Start guide

And there are some other artefacts which some projects have, which we
should eventually ensure all projects have:
* Technology comparisons
* Case Studies
* Training

(I expand these document definitions at the following link)
[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Artefacts