[Marketing] AAG outreach

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue May 10 16:36:44 EDT 2011

On 05/10/2011 01:29 PM, Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> Quick question, I was wondering if anyone knows the best way to get the word out to the AAG crowd about FOSS4G.  Obviously our booth was a good one, but I'm thinking more about mailing lists and newsletters.  Anyone familiar with a good approach?  We can get them on our press release list.
>
> Tyler

I already had them add it to their Newsletter Calendar - just had to
email the editor. The next thing I would suggest is actually targeting
specific speciality groups within the AAG and seeing if you can get the
heads of those to send out an email press release.

Some groups:
Cyberinfrastructure (They have sponsored our FOSS sessions at the AAG in
the past)
Geographic Information Science and Systems
Cartography

http://www.aag.org/cs/membership/specialty_groups

Thanks,
Alex