[Marketing] Hello Fellow <s>*Evil*</s> Marketers

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 19:34:07 EST 2011

> > > The next steps in my head are:
> > > * secure a budget
> > > * align plans with new board strategy for outreach
> > > * keep momentum going before/after FOSS4G
> > >

> > * branding! (can we get the website branding please :D )
> >

> Jody,
> is this a webcom task? All we have so far is a Wiki page [1]. A logo is
> in the making, I suggested to increase the font size.

Arnulf I have both joined the webcom and the marketting committee in order to improve the OSGeo branding. Both committees point at each other when I start discussions on the topic; perhaps I am just annoying (or it is something that both committees could collaborate on).

I view the website as the public face of OSGeo; as such it is our best tool in marketing the foundation.

We do have more than a wiki page[2][3]
Jody
[2]http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/WebCom_OSGeo_Site_Focus
[3]http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Targets