[Marketing] Status of the Marketing Committee

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Sun Nov 13 15:35:23 EST 2011

My 0.02$ is that we do have a need for a Marketing committee, even if a
large part of its mandate would be just to coordinate efforts of local
chapters and ensure OSGeo is represented in a consistent way around the
world.

However we seem to have had trouble attracting the right people on the
committee to keep it alive over the years. Maybe we just need to go
after some marketing-oriented members and actively encourage them to
join the committee?

On 11-11-10 07:41 PM, Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
> Jody:
>
> What do you think is the barrier to attracting/motivating people to this?
>
> To put it another way: do you think the volunteer people we need are out
> there and we’re just not reaching them somehow, or do you think this is
> not a task OSGeo-type folks are likely to volunteer for?
>
> -mpg

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/